Next: What a 95% Confidence
Up: What Statistical Power Means
Previous: What Statistical Power Means
Click for printer friendely version of this HowTo
There are two ways to determine the power of a statistical test,
analytical and numerical (that is, experimentally) and quite often, the
numerical method is a more practical approach. To determine the power
of a test given a sample size , you need only to follow these
- Generate simulated data points (see Section 3.8
for details on how this can be accomplished).
- Apply your test to the data.
- Determine if your test correctly rejected the null hypothesis.
- Return to Step 1 and repeat many, many times.
- The power of your test is: